I am unreliable informed [*] that in the old days beekeepers would use the ‘tailings’, the honey that could only be extracted by washing the wax through with water after you’ve extracted the bulk of the honey and put it into jars, to make mead with. So that’s what I’ve done. Two demijohns worth.
I’ll report back in a year or two and let you know if I have drinkable mead or not.
This was supposed to be my Christmas project, but I got bored, and it turned out to be easier than I expected, so I finished well before Christmas.
It’s my first attempt at doing something with an arduino. It measures the temperature of the fridge and freezer. It uses a two line LCD for display, and two one-wire sensors for the measurements. Both devices have libraries and example code which I filched, which is why the programming was so easy (and is On github if anybody is interested)
I suppose the next job is to make a case for it. I don’t have a 3D printer or any way of working with plastic, so it’s going to have to be wood. Hmmm. I wonder if I could make something steampunk looking from wood and brass….